Digital Borderlands – an oppounity to improve your broadband speeds
An exciting opportunity to improve your broadband
More funding is now available to help homes and businesses in rural areas of Cumbria and Northumberland who currently do not have access to broadband services of at least 30Mbps download. The funding will pay towards the cost of installing gigabit-capable broadband to premises when part of a group project.
The Borderlands Inclusive Growth Deal has added additional funding to the Government’s Rural Gigabit Broadband Voucher Scheme to make it even easier to upgrade your connectivity.
What funding is available?
• Residential properties are eligible for between £500 and £3,000 per property.
• Small and medium-sized businesses are eligible for between £500 and £7,000 per property.
Three easy steps set up your scheme:
1. Visit www.BorderlandsGrowth.com to find out more about the scheme.
2. Contact your neighbours to find out if they would like to be part of the scheme.
3. Find a registered supplier active in your area at www.gigabitvoucher.culture.gov.uk
There is no application process to complete. If a registered supplier can provide a gigabit capable connection to your business premises they will offer the voucher as a discount towards the installation costs. Set up a project and contact a supplier soon as the scheme ends on 31 March 2021.
Gigabit-capable networks are future proof. They can deliver the connection speeds we need – not only today but far into the future. Each voucher recipient must commit to take a service of at least 30Mbps for at least 12months.
For small and medium sized businesses
Getting ready for a gigabit speed with full fibre connections will support increasing demand for:
• online business applications
• internet connected devices
• cloud data storage
• cyber security systems
• streamed services such as video conferencing
• remote and flexible working for employees
Demand for greater digital connectivity around the home is only set to accelerate for:
• video and music streaming
• cloud storage
• video calling
• use of internet connected devices
• flexible working opportunities