Keswick 2 Barrow
Date: Saturday 6 May 2017 - 7:00am
THE COUNTY OF CUMBRIA (C5004 ELTERWATER, U5002 STANG POINT, C5005 SHEPHERDS BRIDGE LANE, CONISTON AND A591 DUNMAIL RAISE)
(KESWICK TO BARROW CHARITY WALK)
(TEMPORARY PROHIBITION OF THROUGH TRAFFIC) ORDER 2017
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that to facilitate the holding of the Keswick to Barrow Charity Walk (“the Event”), the County Council of Cumbria has made an Order the effect of which is to prohibit any vehicle from proceeding along the following lengths of road:-
1. C5004 Elterwater, from its junction with the B5343, extending in a south westerly direction for approx.205m.
A suitable alternative route for vehicles will be available via the unrestricted lengths of the C5004 and the B5343.
Duration: Between 0830 hours and 1130 hours on Saturday 6 May 2017 (Post Box ref: 9791)
2. U5002 Stang Point to Coniston, from its junction with the A593, extending in a northerly direction for approx.3.6km to Stang Point.
There is no suitable alternative route for vehicles.
Duration: Between 0800 hours and 1300 hours on Saturday 6 May 2017 (Post Box ref: 9793)
3. C5005 Shepherds Bridge Lane, Coniston from its junction with the A593 Yewdale Road, extending in a south easterly direction for approx.420m to its junction with the B5285.
A suitable alternative route for vehicles will be available via the A593 Yewdale Road and the B5285.
Duration: Between 0600 hours and 1330 hours on Saturday 6 May 2017 (Post Box ref: 9792)
4. The North Bound carriageway of the A591 Dunmail Raise, from a point approx.1km south of its junction with the U7003, extending for approx.420 metres.
Vehicles travelling in a north bound direction will be directed onto one lane of the south bound carriageway, which will become two-way whilst the walk passes along that section.
Duration: Between 0530 hours and 1000 hours on Saturday 6 May 2017 (Post Box ref: 9783)
N.B. The restrictions detailed in 1 to 3 above will be conducted as ‘rolling road closures’ with sections along the roads being restricted one at a time, as and when the relevant traffic signs are displayed.
A way for pedestrians and dismounted cyclists will be maintained at all times.
Nothing in the Order to which this notice relates shall:
1. Apply to any vehicle being used for police, fire brigade or ambulance purposes, or the purpose of an undertaker in an emergency, such as the loss of supplies of gas, electricity or water to premises in the area, which necessitates the bringing of vehicles into the section of road to which the order applies; and
2. Apply to anything done with the permission or at the direction of a police constable in uniform; and
3. Have the effect of preventing at any time access for pedestrians to any premises situated on or adjacent to the roads, or to any other premises accessible for pedestrians from, and only from the roads; and
4. Apply to vehicles being used in connection with the Event.
Any queries to Cumbria Highways, Busher Walk, County Offices, Kendal, LA9 4RQ (0300 303 2992) quoting the ‘Post Box’ references stated above.
The Order will come into operation on 6 May 2017 and may continue in force for a period of up to three days from that date as and when the appropriate traffic signs are displayed, although it is anticipated that it will only be required for 1 day on Saturday 6 May 2017 at the times specified above.
D Roberts, Corporate Director, Resources & Transformation, Cumbria County Council,
Cumbria House, Carlisle, CA1 1RD